Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 24, 2015

DIY Cleansers with Young Living

If you've read my blog for a long time, then you'll know that my two boys have severe food allergies.  To keep them safe, I've been trying to eat cleaner, buy organic, cook from scratch wherever it's possible. We also see a variety of alternative health professionals including a chiropractor and naturopath.  The irony of all of this, is that my younger son is also allergic to coconut, so the majority of all natural cleansers don't work for us.  (You'll also find that a lot of the all natural cleaners have either shea, or almond oil in them.)  So, instead for years, I've fed my boys organic food, and used traditional commercial cleansers.  Yuck.



A month or two ago ago, I purchased some Young Living Oils to help my older son with some seasonal allergies, and then I was thrilled to find that I could use these same oils to create a variety of all natural cleaners using only the ingredients I want (and conveniently omitting the allergens that would put my boys at risk.)

Since spring has finally decided to arrive in New England, yesterday I did a little spring cleaning, using my Thieves Essential Oil.  Easy peasy.  After a snowy and wet winter, I finally threw open the blinds, and opened the windows and what I found was just ICKY.  I used this cleaner, a rag and some q-tips to clean all the sills. I was so happy with the results, and everything smelled fresh and clean during the process.  No gross chemical smell and no allergens that could harm my boys.  Here's all you need:
  • Salt 1/2 Teaspoon
  • Thieves Essential Oil - 10 drops
  • Water - 2 Ounces
  • Glass spray bottle
Afterwards I mixed up a glass cleaner using my Lemon Essential Oil which worked like a charm. It included only:
  • 1 1/2 cups of vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water,
  • 10-12 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
The Lemon Essential oil is potent, it's a total grime and gunk buster.  Did you know that it takes over 75 lemons to create a 15ml bottle of Lemon Essential oil?

By the way, you can find a few other safe cleaning "recipes" right here.....



When using essential oils for cleaning, it is recommended to use glass bottles.  I picked mine up at Amazon, and then found these cute little kraft labels to go with them. You can find them here:

Spray Bottle
Kraft Labels

If you're interested in Thieves or Lemon Essential oil (or any of the others) please contact me, or you can place an order here.  Please be sure to reference my Young Living member ID: 2642514 



If you'd like to learn more about the Young Living Opportunity and how you can enjoy 24 percent off retail pricing on your favorite Young Living please contact me! 
Post a Comment
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover