Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Apr 22, 2014

MFT - Creative Challenge

This month's My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge is to Jazz Up Your Blooms, it's one of my favorite things to do so I was excited to play along this month. You'll find links to all the participating designers on the MFT Blog. I hope you'll hop around to see what the girls have been up to! 

I love the look of a text-printed rose.  I used to hoard pattern paper with a text background to make these, but voila, now I can stamp them myself.  Perfect!  I used the Royal Rose and the Mini Royal Roses to make this little cluster.

I began using a small piece of Pink Lemonade card stock and then stamped it with the Typewriter Text Background stamp using the new MFT Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.  Then I did my die-cutting. You'll get cleaner edges doing it this way than trying to stamp onto your die-cut pieces.  Before rolling I added distress ink to the outer edges of all my die-cuts.


Since I really wanted the flowers to stand out, I went with a very soft, neutral card base.  I Die-cut the Modern Morocco Cover-Up from Primitive Cream card stock and used the Blueprints 13 Die-namics as the basis of my layout.  (I switched in the Pierced Circle on this layout to accommodate my flower trio.) 

The sentiment is from the Grand Peaceful Wildflowers stamp set and I am using the woodgrain pattern in the More Washi Patterns stamp set.


Another way I like to build custom flowers is with the Sheet Music stamp set and my Gold Ink pad.  I love the vintage feel it creates. This gorgeous flower is the Large Hybrid Heirloom Rose which pairs nicely with the Layered Leaves (I'm using the open version of the leaves here). As I often do, I tucked in a pair of Fishtail Flags STAX and embellished with a little Fuse Green Button.


The main panel was cut with the Blueprints 13 - Love that stitched detail!  Then I layered in a strip of Kraft card stock which was stamped with the Wood Plank Background stamp using the new Hybrid Kraft ink.  





Be sure to visit the MFT Blog today for a peek at all the designers who have cards, pages or projects to share with some Jazzed Up blooms. Have fun creating your own custom floral designs!

Thanks for stopping by today - here are the links to the products I'm using today:







6 Comments    Post a Comment:

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover