Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Jan 1, 2014

My Favorite Things New Release Countdown Begins!

Welcome to the January Release Countdown for My Favorite Things.  I'm excited that I've had time to stamp my brains out over Christmas break so I've got LOTS and lots to share with you!

Be sure to join me every day from now till the release on Tuesday, January 7th at 10PM EST. You'll want to be sure to visit the MFT Blog for details on the New Release Prizes, full set and Die-namics graphics and links to all the designers with Release Countdown projects to share with you! 


My first card for this month's release uses new stamps and Die-namics from Lisa Johnson Designs.  This fun stamp set, Love's the Ticket, is a ticket builder with LOTS of options to personalize.  I've paired the outline with this fun vertical sentiment and added the ticket number across the top and the "xoxo" across the bottom.

The Ticket Note Die-namics combines both the single ticket, as well as the ticket book. I cut the ticket from Kraft card stock and the wrap from black licorice card stock.  I've embellished the front with the new Layered Leaves Die-namics, the Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose Die-namics and one Grout Grey Button.    

Grout Grey is one of the new MFT Colors - the card stock, ink and buttons will all be added as part of this month's release. It's a great new neutral that I've had a lot of fun with, so you can expect to see a lot of Grout Grey from me this month! 


Do you see that tiny little heart that I've cut from Razzle Berry card stock? It was cut with the new Staggered Heart Border.  The die cuts both a connected strip of hearts as well as assorted heart shapes - this teeny one was just perfect to layer on top of my stamped image.   

In my next photo, you can see that the single ticket fits just perfectly on the inside of the wrap.  I've saved you looking at my scribbled handwriting when I add "movie date" to the inside of this card for my son.

With the ticket note opened up, you can see a peek at the gorgeous new Mini Delicate Doilies Die-namics.   These tiny babies are beauties and you'll love adding them to your projects. You'll find tiny pierced details on each one, they're so lovely….  I added my flower and button embellishment to the front of the ticket 


I'm sure you've noticed, but I'm loving the new Cling Rubber Background stamps from MFT.  I'm showing a peek at one of the new ones today - this is the Patterned Triangles Background.  I've stamped the background with Razzle Berry ink  to Razzle Berry card stock.  I've also used the Typewriter Text Background to the new Grout Grey card stock. 

With such a HUGE amount of products being released this month, I have another card to share.  My second card features the new Pure Innocence image titled Will You Be Mine.  I've had so much fun exploring with MFT's new Cover-Up Die-namics and this month's Hugs and Kisses Cover-Up is simply fabulous!

This little cutie-patootie was watercolored and then added to an Electric Red matting.  The Hugs and Kisses Cover-Up was cut with the new Grout Gray card stock and then matted with Electric Red too.  


Accents were added with the Woodgrain Background stamp with Electric Red ink, a Fuse Green Fishtail Flag and a coordinating Electric Red button

I hope you'll head on over to the MFT Blog for a closer look at the stamps and Die-namics that are previewing today. I'll see you here again tomorrow!

Here are the links to the products I've used in today's project - the links to the new release items will work starting on Tuesday, January 8th at 10pm EST!

27 Comments    Post a Comment:

robinann17 said...

I love both of your cards! The use of the hot pink heart is darling on the first card and I so want that valentine girl! Thanks for sharing such clever cards! I also love the grout gray - wonderful color! Robin

Debbie Nelson said...

Love your cards...so cute!

Monique1971 said...

Happy New Year Joanne! Love both of your cards, the new pi valentine girl is so cute :)

Golda said...

The first card is gorgeous and the second is really cute!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh these are both so fabulous, love the new products and your fabulous designs.

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Love how you used the ticket that you can unfold :)

Denise Evans said...

Love both cards! Just like you, cute as a button!

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart!!! Great cards for this month...I can't wait!

Lisa H. said...

gosh, Joanne! these are soooooo sweet! LOVE that mini doily. It caught my eye, right away. Diggin' that awesome new cover plate, too. Swoon!!

Tracey said...

These are both incredible Joanne!! I love the vibrancy of the Razzle Berry!!

Karen Giron said...

Oh I love that pop of pink and the gold glitter is fabulous!! Your PI is darling too - she's so sweet!

Jill said...

Just too cute. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh... love how bold that ticket card it. Love the black on Kraft with it!

Amber Milone said...

Beautiful cards Joanne! I love the bright pink of the Razzleberry cardstock.

Nora Noll said...

Such beautiful cards!!! I LOVE that little doily. It is too cute!!

jimlynn said...

They're all fantastic!!!
Lynn

Gypsy 2 said...

Love your attention to detail.That little hot pink heart said it all for me!
Well done Joanne and do think that the grout grey will be a firm favourite for me as well.

Bev said...

Love both cards. I've never been a grey fan, but your new grout grey has made me rethink that.

Heather Rogers said...

Both cards are fabulous. Love the tolled flower on the first card, and the watercolor look to your second. :)

Kimberly S. said...

Both of your cards are cute! I love that ticket die and the XO background...so cool!!

Unknown said...

Both of your cards are beautiful and well designed. I am just loving the little details on the front ticket, the numbers on one end and the xoxo on the other, those are such fun little accents, VERY well thought out! TFS!!!

Unknown said...

Both cards are adorable! Love the fold out ticket with the hidden message and the cute little girl!-Jen Naus

Shanna Shands said...

These are way too cute!

Tammy Mauer said...

Love them. My daughter squealed, "I love the pink" right away ;-)

Lagene said...

Great cards! I love the background die for your second card especially!

Tammy H said...

She, and all the PI characters are so sweet. Love this card.

JessicaK said...

These are both awesome cards. Loving the new XO background die.

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover