Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Sep 17, 2013

Playful Peek-A-Boos with My Favorite Things

Today I'm playing along in the My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge, we're all working with various Peek-a-Boo style products from MFT.  I've had these fun Peek-a-Boo Chevrons on my desktop and been meaning to use them, so I promised myself that today was the day.


If you haven't seen these dies before, they come joined, but you can break them all apart to customize how you want yours to work.  Lots of peeks, just a few Chevrons....  I alternated the directions on mine using a bit of removable adhesive.

Check it out, I've done another pattern paper free card (I can't even believe it.)  I'm having fun exploring ways to use my stamps, Die-namics and stencils to create a specific look instead of always looking to my patterned paper first.


The knocked out chevrons create a fun texture on my card and then I added to the texture with lots of stitching, crumpling and edge distressing.

Usually my cards are more frilly and feminine, so I went for graphic and bold instead.  I paired in the new Border It - Numbers Die-namics cut from Steel Grey card stock.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment sits inside a nesting set of Fishtail Flags STAX and the Fishtail Flags Layers STAX.

I like having a birthday card ready for the boys buddies, beats the "Hey Mom, I got invited to a birthday party" scramble.  Tell me you have the card making scrambles too right?

Be sure to head on over to the MFT Blog today for links to all the girls on the DT with a little peek-a-boo to share with you.

3 Comments    Post a Comment:

AmyR said...

I really like this card - especially the color combo! :)

Gabby said...

Great b.d. card! Like the colors and design. :)

Inge Groot said...

Gorgeous card Joanne, love the distressed look and the combination of Die-namics!

 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover