Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

Aug 13, 2013

Release Rewind at My Favorite Things!

Last week, My Favorite Things had their big, huge new release.  Now, I know it's been summertime crazy and fun for everyone, so I'm here to show you a few more numbers from this month's release.

I can't believe the words I'm about to say to you next.  The three cards I'm sharing have not a bit of patterned paper on them. Eep!  I'm a paper addict, so this doesn't come natural to me.  However, with the growing collection of background stamps at My Favorite Things, as well as the new Pigment ink and now STENCILS... well, I'm having FUN even minus my collection of paper!

Up first, I was excited to pull out the Plaid Builder Stamp Set.  Today it is stamped on the diagonal onto Sno Cone card stock.  I reached into my sizeable pile of scraps and stamped the Factory Green scrap with Factory Green ink using Darling Dots and then the Steel Grey scrap was stamped with Distressed Diamonds using Whip Cream ink.


I pulled all my background stamps into a single bin on my desktop to encourage myself to do this more often.

Pretty Posies was given a text treatment with the new Collage Backgrounds stamp set.  I keep seeing flags attached in this askew style on my blog surfing and Pinterest gazing lately, so I gave it a try.  


The sentiment from Grand Greetings sits right on top of a Clearly Sentimental Labels Die-namics.

For my next card, I pulled out my Blueprints 6 Die-namics again.  I love using these, you get perfect clean cuts every time.  I could use the pretty new doily strip that is included in that die set on every single card lately, I have to hold myself back!


For this card, again, I left out the patterned paper, and this time.... I didn't even opt to stamp my own background.  I went clean-and-simple with this one, instead opting to add a lot of texture to my card using one cork Heart STAX and one Whip Cream Felt Heart STAX and layered with and Electric Red Button on top. 


For my third card, I pulled out all my mixed media supplies and got a little bit messy.  To begin I die-cut a Sno Cone panel with my Blueprints 6 Die-namics and then taped my stencil over the top.  I added in a layer of Molding Paste and set it aside to dry.  Once it was dry, I gave it a white-washing with a coat of Gesso.  This is the Gears Stencil which is an MFT Exclusive and only available at www.mftstamps.com

You'll find all the MFT Stencils here.  I really encourage you to embrace that messy mixed media because this was super fun! I really like the added texture that the molding paste gives to the project...


I cut a scrap of Fuse Green Card Stock with the Blueprints 6 Die-namics as well, and then trimmed it down to 1 1/4 inches.  Then stamped that little scrap with the Collage Backgrounds in Whip Cream Pigment Ink.

I Die-cut the Timepieces Die-namics from both Kraft and Whip Cream Card Stock.  I used this pretty Timeless stamp before, but I hadn't noticed the tiny coordinating clock hands {love!}  I backed my clock with the recently released Pierced Circle STAX.  This layout is from Iwona's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #102. 


My little embellishment cluster includes a Whip Cream Felt Rolled Scallop Flower, and a Leaf-Filled Flourish cut from the new Olive card stock.  I have long loved creating flowers with text-printed paper, but now with my Collage Background stamp, I'm loving stamping regular card stock with the text and then creating flowers.  This time I am using the Royal Rose Die-namics.  I nestled in a little Black Licorice Button with a bit of hemp cord tied behind.


I hope you'll head over to the MFT Boutique to check out all that's new this month. And I hope you'll stop by the MFT Blog for a full list of my designers who are stamping for today's Release Rewind!
 
 

This blog has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top

Pin It button on image hover